I'm pleased to say that I've finally finished the quilting on my Simplify quilt.
I machine quilted it in a stipple design with monofilament thread.
I took it out on Friday afternoon and was pleased to see that I had done over half of it. I thought it would be a quick job except I ran out of thread and after some searching in my sewing room, I finally found some more monofilament thread but it was a different brand than the other one I was using and for some reason the machine didn't like it at all. It kept on pulling really tight and broke 2 sewing machine needles. I threw that lot away! I was so afraid that if I abandoned it at that point, that the quilt would be a UFO forever, that I dashed down to the shop and bought some more thread. I finished it on Saturday and only had the binding to do.
When I make quilts I tend to use the same width bindings - cut 2 1/4" and then folded double. I always keep the left over pieces of binding in a container and for scrappy quilts I just sew the pieces together to make up the binding.
That's what I've done for this quilt. I sewed the binding on yesterday and now only have to hand sew it down.
That's what I'll be doing while I'm watching Spooks tonight.
Until next time