I'm making good progress on my Garden Secrets design.
For the book cover, I have appliqued the flower design on the front and the butterfly will be on the back. I've added some ric-rac braid for the stems.
I'm going to use the pink spotty fabric for the lining.
I'm pleased I used a patterned fabric for the background - adds more interest than a plain fabric.
In the meantime, I decided that the book needed a matching bag as well. This time I stitched the design rather than applique and the stitchery fabric has a bit of a yellow tinge in it which really matches the other fabric.
For the body of the bag I used a pack of charm squares in the same fabic range. (Can't actually remember what the range is.) I made triangle blocks (not sure what the official name is) and I'm going to use that lovely blue fabric for the lining and handles.
It looks really fun and summery. Speaking of summer - can't be long now. Today the temperature is a mild 26. Winter in paradise - just love it.
Until next time