I've been slowly working away on my Stitching in the Garden design.
I've finished the project bag. (If it looks a bit bulky in the photo it's because I've already put stuff in it!).
I put small handles on it as well as the drawstring because I wanted to be able to hang it on the chair just like this.
The drawstring is a twisted cord made with three different colours of DMC embroidery floss. The ric-rac braid is some lovely hand dyed braid - I only have a tiny piece left now. I wish I knew where to buy more!
The bag suits my purposes as a project bag and I've already started using it.
I'm now working on the needlecase. I've finished the two stitchery designs and am now putting it together. I decided to stick to using only two fabrics - the green floral for the main and the blue spot for the lining. (same as the bag)
I tossed around what colour felt to use for the pincushion. I picked out this blue/grey one but am not sure. I have some lovely bright pink felt in my cupboard - may use that instead. Will see.
New Home for Mum...
Yesterday I took Mum to her new home - an aged care facility (don't like to use the term 'nursing home' because she doesn't need 'nursing' only 'care'). It was a day of really mixed feelings for all of us. I had been really dreading the day and when it was all over I was absolutely exhausted. I was speaking to my sister on the phone last night recounting the day when both of us started laughing uncontrollably about something that had happened. It was just what we both needed after a fairly emotional day. Laughter really is the best medicine.
Until next time