I've made good progress on the My House Cushion.
I have finished the stitchery and then chose a selection of my reproduction fabrics to use in the borders.
I'm making it into a log cabin type block with 4 strips on each side. I decided to use a different fabric for each strip.
I have quite a collection of reproduction fabrics so it wasn't an easy process. I kept picking out fabrics and finding something else I liked more. Eventually I decided 'that's it' and stuck with my choices.
Once I had sewn them on, it was time to layer it for quilting.
I machine quilted around the stitchery and for the rest of the quilting I'm using Perle 8 thread.
I'm thinking that I will quilt .25" from each seam but this may change as I go. Will start and see what happens.
Until next time