My knitting has taken a dramatic turn in the last couple of days. If you recall the pockets on the front of my cardigan were causing a bit of a hold up in my progress so the other day I made the big decision to ditch the idea of the pockets. This meant of course that I had to frog the jumper back to where I had started the pockets.
Turned out that it was quite a lot of knitting to be un-knitted. I then decided that rather than keep knitting the body I would turn my attention to the other sleeve. I'm making the sleeves a bit shorter than the ones in the pattern - they were made for people with very long arms or my arms are short. By doing it this way it means then that whatever yarn is left after the sleeves, I can use to make the body of the cardigan longer because even though the pattern has long sleeves the body is actually short - or I have a long torso and short arms.
I'm feeling optimistic about finishing it now.
Meantime as for my sewing, I'm still working on the blocks for the Picnic Quilt.
As you can see, it's going to be quite colourful. It's also a lot different to what I would normally make in a quilt. I'm starting to feel a bit nervous about how it's actually going to look. I hope it's not going to be a complete disaster and I start regretting how much time I've wasted making it.
The good news is that the blocks are easy to make and I'm making them very random. I'm not spending any time trying to work out what pieces go together but just take them from the piles of fabric next to my sewing machine.
Fingers crossed that it turns out okay.
Until next time