My Ugly Squares Dolly Quilt is looking anything but ugly.
As I was piecing it, I had a blue print fabric in my mind to use for the border but when I lay it against the pieced blocks I realised that it just wasn't going to do the job.
I rehearsed lots of different fabrics but in the end chose the pink and green print for the border and a black and pink print for the binding.
It was then just a matter of layering for quilting. I went with a pellon for the batting. I find that it gives enough thickness for a dolly quilt especially if I'm going to use it for a table runner - which I often do.
For the quilting, it's going to be hand quilted with Perle 8 thread - my preferred option for a dolly quilt.
Now that the footy season is underway I find I spend a lot more time in front of the tv in the evenings on the weekend. It's a perfect time to get some hand sewing done. So that's the plan for tonight - quilt the little quilt.
Until next time