Hi Everyone! We arrived back safely last night (Sunday) and found it almost impossible to sleep (my body is still on UK time). I'm hoping that in a couple of days the whole dizzy light-headed thing will pass.
We had such a good time. We saw so many beautiful sights that it's hard for me to pick out highlights but off the top of my head:
2. Loved London - it's clean, easy to get around and there were lots of colourful flowers everywhere. Walked across the Abbey Road crossing; hired a deck chair next to the Serpentine in Hyde Park; went to Portobello markets; visited V&A museum; went running through Hyde Park early in the morning.
3. Loved Edinburgh too - caught the train and when we walked out of the station looked up and saw the castle on a giant rock overlooking the city. An amazing sight. It was festival time and the city was crowded and there were lots of things happening in the streets - added to the city's beauty. It was the coldest place we went to - colder than our paradise winter and it was summer!
5. The Lakes District was our favourite spot. Beautiful scenery and nice little towns. We stayed in Keswick and our hotel window looked straight across the rooftops to the mountains.
6. York was a favourite city of mine. Loved wandering around the narrow streets and went for a run beside the Ouse River.
8. The Cornwall coastline is breathtaking. It is so dramatic with the cliffs and the beautiful blue water. Visited Doc Martin's village and walked down and up the streets of Clovelly. (All the time I was walking down I was worried about how I was going to get back up.)
9. Stayed in some interesting places. The oldest was a farmhouse in Cornwall that was built in 1350.
10. Visited so many interesting little towns including Wigtown, Hay on Wye, Rye, Tonbridge, Lincoln, Portpatrick, Linlithgow.....the list goes on! Loved visiting musems and finding out about the local history.
There is a lot more things I can share but for now that will have to do because I'm going to have to go to bed very very early tonight!
Until next time