Sewing down the applique pieces on my new floormat turned out to be a quick and easy job. After that it was just a matter of adding the binding.
I ended up cutting it 3" wide and used two different prints. I then folded it in half and pinned it to the side edges first.
I did it differently than a quilt and pinned it to the back of the mat and stitched it with a 1/4" seam. I applied the binding to the and bottom edges in the same way. Then starting at the sides I turned the binding over to the front and machine stitched it down close to the folded edges. I repeated that for the top and bottom binding.
The telltale folds in the fabric gives a clue to how long it's been sitting in my basket! It's since been washed and the folds have disappeared. It just made me even more pleased with myself that I have made something out of this beautiful fabric instead of it wasting away in my stash.
Nada's Sewing Caddy...
It's one of my favourite patterns and I use it all the time. The caddy sits over the arm of my chair perfectly.
Until next time